- After Mandarin Chinese, Spanish is the most spoken language in the world by native speakers.
- It is already the second world language as a vehicle of international communication and the third as an international language of politics, economics and culture.
- It is one of the six official UN languages.
- It is the second most studied language in the world after English.
- It has been anticipated that by 2050 it will be spoken by 10% of the world population.
Curious things about Spanish:
- Spanish as a Romance language, is a modern continuation of spoken Latin.
- Mexico is the country with most Spanish speakers with 110,637,916 million of speakers followed by USA with 50,000,000.
- The most frequent syllable structure of Spanish is CV (consonant plus vowel), so that tends toward open syllables and plenty of vocal presence.